Sports Massage involves the management and rehabilitation of soft tissues within the bod, these include muscles, fascia, tendons and ligaments. Sports massage is a useful tool not just for sports people but to anybody wishing to protect themselves against or recover from a soft tissue injury.
The techniques used by a Sports Massage Therapist ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each treatment given. Soft Tissue Therapy of this nature aims to:
- Improve circulation
- Aid lymphatic drainage
- Assist in the removal of metabolic toxins
- Relax or stimulate nerves
- Help to increase or decrease muscle tone
- Help to increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue formations
- Assist in the mental preparation for a sporting event
You do not need to be a sports person to benefit from Sports Massage. It is also important therapy to help relieve many day-to-day problems such as: repetitive strain injury, sprains, strains, tension, stress, fatigue etc that everyone experiences in their lives.
If you are a sports performer, then a sports specific massage can be beneficial at various stages of training and event participation. For example:
- Within the conditioning and training phase
- Pre event
- Inter event
- Post event
- Post travel from an event
- For injury prevention
- For injury rehabilitation and recovery
Regardless of your experiences in sport or exercise, whether you exercise socially or compete to an international level - Sports Massage Therapy has many benefits that will aid your performance.
For further information on the services we offer and conditions we treat, or to book an appointment please call 020 8947 2053, email email@example.com or complete the form below.