PhysioSW19 June Newsletter
Welcome to the June Issue of PhysioSW19 Newsletter
Our June specialist topic is Pregnancy and Beyond; providing reassurance and body basic tips for healthy pregnancy, labour and life with a newborn. Meet the Team – Chris Pentor our resident Chiropractor answers FAQ’s. The Stretch of the Day is one for your neck and shoulders, to counteract any time spent looking at your handheld device – a frightening amount of time nowadays! The upper trapezius muscle needs daily attention. We would like to hear from you, so please spend 5 minutes completing our Client Feedback.
Healthy Pregnancy & Beyond
Pregnancy is a time of huge change for your body. This can be daunting if you don’t know what is normal or not so common. We have summarised some essential body basics information to reassure you, so that you can enjoy your pregnancy, prepare for labour and life with your newborn. Essentials such as:
* Pelvic floor and continence
* Posture and positioning
* Pelvic and back pain
* Exercise and fitness
Click to read the full article and to download patient information.
Stretch of the Day – Neck and Shoulders (Upper Trapezius)
We carry tension across our shoulders and neck; often due to hunched posture e.g. when at a desk or breastfeeding, protracted shoulders or a dipped chin when reading our handheld devices. The trapezius has upper and lower fibres attaching to the base of your skull, shoulders and blades. The upper fibres are frequently tight, solid and dominant so prone to ache and contributory to tension headaches and poor posture; this muscle area needs daily attention.
– Lengthen your spine and look straight ahead
– Place your left hand behind your lower back
– Drop your right ear to your right shoulder
– Look down towards the floor
– You should feel a stretch across the top of your left shoulder into the base of your skull
– Place your right hand on your left ear with pressure to increase the stretch
– Hold for 30 seconds or more, then repeat these steps for the other side.
Meet the Team – Chris Pentor, Chiropractor
Chris answers our FAQ’s … click to read full article.
* What’s the difference between Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy?
* Is Chiropractic Care just for the spine?
* Is Chiropractic treatment just spinal manipulation and clicking?
* How does good spinal alignment help function?
* Do you specialise in anything particular?
Click to read the full interview.
We value your feedback and would be grateful if you could complete this questionnaire, so that we continue to meet your needs throughout 2017.