Struggling with cold weather, SAD, home working?- Pilates could be the answer.
How are you feeling post-Christmas? struggling with cold weather, SAD, home working? or you maybe feeling more positive and looking to make those health and wellbeing changes this year.
Pilates is not as stressful on the joints as other high-impact form of exercise and can build a healthier, safer, and more functionally fit lifestyle. Making Pilates an ideal choice as we age.
Pilates has no age barrier and if you haven’t exercised in a while then do not worry our fully trained instructors are on hand to take you through step by step.
It is normal to be nervous when trying something new or returning to something you haven’t done before. Some people find it helps to contact the instructor first, you can ask questions and get to know if the instructor and class is right for you first.
How can Pilates help you with everyday life? Pilates gives us 3 important things that we can use in everyday life:
- Body awareness
Pilates is a great way of focusing your body and your mind to help you live with less limitations and can be applied to anyone.
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
Call the clinic to book your class now.